If you want to truly live the Jeep lifestyle, there are some things you need besides your off roading Jeep. There are certain things you should keep in your Jeep so that you are prepared for whatever comes your way while you are off road. Whether you are considering a day trip or a camp out, these items could come in handy either for camping or in an emergency situation.
- Tent. If you are camping you will obviously need shelter. But you should keep a tent in your Jeep at all times, so that if you get stuck in the middle of no where you still have shelter. Don’t forget to also pack a tarp to put down under the tent, just in case it is muddy where you wind up camping.
- Water. You can never have enough water. Keep a flat of bottled water or several gallon jugs of water in your Jeep any time you plan on going off roading. If you get stuck, you’ll need that water, especially during the heat of the day, to stay hydrated.
- Basic first aid kit. This kit should have bandages, tape, gauze, disinfectant, and more. This is a must for any off roading trip no matter how long or short the trip may be.
- Other emergency items. You should always have a lighter in case you need to start a fire. A flashlight or head lamp is also important if you are out at night, whether you planned to be or not. A roll of duct tape and a long piece of rope could have many uses in an emergency, as could a swiss army knife or similar multi purpose tool.
- Food. If you are planning on camping, you are probably going to take food with you. But if you are going out for a day trip, you may not think about it. Having some extra food in your Jeep, even if it is just bread and peanut butter, is important. If you get stuck off road, you may need to have food readily available.
- Map. You should always have a map of the area you are off roading in, as well as a compass. This way you can find your way out if you were to get lost or turned around while off roading.
- CB radio or cell phone with great reception. Cell phone reception can fail, so it is always a good idea to have a CB radio any time you go off road. This way if there is an emergency, you can call for help.