The wait is over–leaked details on the 2016 Wrangler outline what the newest Jeep has to offer. Here’s your official 2016 Jeep Wrangler order guide.
Many of us have been waiting to find out what changes the new model year will bring for the Wrangler and if you know about how Jeep handles generation changes you probably weren’t expecting anything extreme. Some of the changes that have come include new option packages, paint colors, a new special edition, and a few changes to the Sahara models, according to a leaked 2016 Wrangler 2016 Wrangler dealer order guide.
2016 Wrangler Additional Options
The new paint color options are Granite Crystal Metallic and Rhino. The Granite Crystal Metallic will be returning so it isn’t really new but Rhino will likely look similar to Anvil Grey. These colors should be available on all trim levels.
Both new paint colors will be available including the Mojave Sand later in the year that is a current option on the Jeep Renegade. In addition to the paint options there will also be new wheels and optional olive green leather seats along with a new embroidered Sahara seat logo.
Jeep Wrangler Black Bear Edition
This new special edition was not named after the animal, it was instead named after an infamous 4×4 trail in the rocky mountains. In case you were wondering you can get it in a color other than black, more specifically you can get it in Firecracker Red, Bright white, Hydro Blue, Billet Silver, Black, Granite Crystal, or Rhino.
The Black Bear edition will come with:
- 2.72:1 Transfer case ratio
- Dana 30 front axle
- Dana 44 rear axle
- 3.21 Standard axle ratio and optional 3.73
- 17 inch black Wrangler wheels
- Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Tires -P245/75R17 OWL
- Rock rails like the ones found on Rubicon edition Wranglers
- Various exterior changes including black decals, black grille, tail lamp guards
- A soft top comes standard but can equipped with an optional hardtop
- Power convenience and connectivity group
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror with LED lights
- Black seat fabric with mesh inserts
- Black leather steering wheel
- All weather slush mats
- Tow hooks
Even though there are no significant powertrain upgrades, it is nice to know that we will have a new special edition to check out along with the added color options and changes to the Sahara.